Friday, July 22, 2011

Blessed

Today I am feeling very blessed. I was at work today and cutting a girls hair, she had another lady waiting in the waiting room for her holding a little baby boy, for some reason I kept watching her out of the corner of my eye, a little while later I realized that this woman was deaf. It hit me right then that as this sweet baby was babbling that this lady could not hear the wonderful sounds of a babies laugh of even cry for that matter. It seems like there are so many people that take the everyday things for granted. I hear people all the time tell their children to be quiet so they can finish talking or whatever and wonder would they miss that sound if it was suddenly taken away from them??
   I am going to try my hardest to be the best parent that I can be, after all I had a wonderful teacher growing up! I happened to keep some old school notes to friends and going back and reading them I sure made my life sound bad sometimes, but now looking back and trying to remember what was so awful, you know what??? NOTHING comes to mind. I had a wonderful childhood! I
  I never want to say to anyone that MY CHILD will NEVER act/say/do that because there are no guarantees with this parenting duty I have taken, there is no handbook or "parenting for dummies" book. So we are left to figure it out one day at a time. I just hope that Presley always feels the love that we have for her. I also am so blessed to be living in the day that we are.
 Case in point: Presley has her 1 yr shots which included her first MMR shot, they told us to watch for a fever since it was a live vaccination, so for the next few days we watched and nothing... PHEW! Well today I received a call at work from mom telling me that Presley just threw-up her lunch and was running a high fever so I bolted out of work and made an appointment and took her in. Turns out that she is just having some side effects of the MMR. So they gave her some Motrin to help the fever.... Wholly cow, worst experience ever!!! The nurse had me cradle her and she started to give it to her, first off she wouldn't open her mouth for it, she was able to get some in her mouth and Presley would not swallow it, she gave her more and she started to gag on it and then tried to throw it up, her tummy was making weird sounds along with her throat and it freaked me out!!! I guess that the nurse figured that she had got enough down her after all that (seriously it was about a 10 min ordeal) so now we have the joy of giving her medicine for the next few days to keep the fever low and just need to be on the lookout for any developing rash. I am so glad that we have the convenience of modern medicine because heaven knows that I would be a nervous wreck if I had to live back in the day without all the technology and modern conveniences that we are blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment