Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting even craftier

Alright so I must admit I have this disgusting new addiction to Pinterest as mentioned in my previous post. I have pinned a lot of things and spend all together way to much time on this site, it has come at the cost of me having all these "great ideas" for the home. I recently made some blocks with out last name and the year we were married. I had J cut the 2x4 for me into my desired sizes and then painted them black. I added scrapbook paper to them, then used my cricut machine and made my letters using vinyl. Super fun! I am pretty happy with the finished look, I think I just need to sand the edges a bit to give them a distressed look.
2nd project thanks to pinterest is this for valentines day. I can put this one here since J is not the blogging or reading type and so I know he wont see this. I loved this idea and have already started working on my list, it sure is hard to come up with 52 things to put in this. I mean I love J more everyday, but to come up with 52 is a bit of a task to say the least. I am also going to be taking a picture frame and inside there will be a sheet of pretty paper with lettering that will say "I love you because..." and then you use a dry erase marker and write a reason on it. I love it!!!
I am really into making homemade items lately, if only I had more time on my hands to do more! I love that you can personalize it more. Now i just need to figure out what to do for Presley for this valentines day. Sadly enough it lands on a Tuesday and that is my night to close at work so we will have to do our own thing on another night. That's all for this post.
{notice that I posted a lot sooner than usual? GO ME!!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment